Hello everyone. I hope all is well with you. I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving. I know I did. We had good food and it was great to see my family.
I enjoy the holidays, but they can be stressful. From trying to prepare food, shop, and get togethers, the holidays can zap the positive energy out of anyone. I’ve put together a list of stress relievers I use to get my yin and yang back on track.
- Go for a walk. Just getting out in the fresh air and walking for a little while does me a world of good. I usually go at least two miles so I can clear out all that negative mojo that’s been building up.
Photo on VisualHunt.com
- Read. Immerse yourself in a good book. Did you know reading for just six minutes can reduce your stress level by sixty eight percent? What a way to calm down. So next time you’re stressed pick up a good book. It’ll do you a world of good.
Photo on VisualHunt
- Get together with a friend. They say laughter is the best medicine, and I wholeheartedly agree. There’s nothing better than getting together with friends and sharing memories. It’s also a great way to deal with the stress of the holidays.
Photo on Visualhunt.com
- Work out. Any kind of exercise is a great way to deal with stress. I run, and when I can’t run outside, I run on a treadmill. Not as much fun, but just as effective in burning calories and giving you the runner’s high that’ll get you through the day.
- Hike. If you can get out into nature and hike, I recommend it. There’s something about being out in nature that is calming. In fact, it’s been scientifically proven that it’s beneficial for you. Check out my post on Forest-bathing, you’ll see there are health benefits from just walking in the woods. Forest Bathing
Photo by EJP Photo on Visual Hunt / CC BY-NC-SA
- Bubble baths. Nothing says stress relief like a bubble bath. Before I had kids, I’d take one after I ran. A double whammy of destressors, that’s for sure and some days I needed it.
- Get a Massage. I can’t stress this enough. Getting a massage is an excellent stress reliever. In fact, it’s one of my favorites. It’s a great way to relieve those aches and pains as well and it’s good for your body.
Photo on Visualhunt
- Binge watch a Netflix Series. This is a great way to relieve the angst the holidays can bring on. This is one of my favorite things to do especially when it’s cold and dark outside. There are many great series out there to watch. If you need a recommendation, just let me know.
9.Go to a Movie. This is another way to get out of the house and relax. There’s always at least one good movie playing at the theater and a great way to forget about the holidays for a couple of hours.
- Coloring. I know it sounds crazy, but there’s research suggesting that coloring in those adult coloring books is an excellent way to relieve stress. I haven’t tried it yet, but it’s on my list of things to try.
So there you have it, ten great ways to relieve stress over the holidays. I have a few favorites that work best for me and I’m sure you do, too. What are your favorite stress relievers? Leave a comment and share, I’m always looking for new ways to relax!