Hello everyone. I hope all is well with you. I’m back today and I’m excited about this summer. We only have thirty two more days of school left and that fact has me thinking about all the things I want to do during my off time.
Photo via VisualHunt
Summer is my favorite season. I love the heat and humidity and those summer nights when the stars are so close you can almost reach out and touch them. So I’ve been thinking about how I’m going to spend my time this summer and what activities I want to spend my time on. So, here’s my list.
- I’m working on revisions on a WIP right now that I’m totally geeked about. It’s turning into an incredible story and I can’t wait to finish it. That being said, I’ve got three other stories on the back burner that I want to complete. I don’t know if I’ll get all three done this summer, but we’ll see.
Photo via VisualHunt
- I love hiking and I want to spend a lot of time on the trails this summer. I want to go up to Tahquamenon Falls and hike through the area with my hubby and boys. It’ll be a fun adventure for all of us. I also want to explore trails closer to home so we can do some day hikes. I want my kids to unplug as much as they can this summer and get out into nature.
- I want to take the boys kayaking. I think they’ll love being in the water. I know I do. I enjoy the peace of it.
- I want to spend some of my nights sitting on the dock at the cottage and watching the stars.
Photo via Visual Hunt
- I want to spend time reading as much as I can. I love immersing myself in a good story. It relaxes me and there are so many good stories out there.
Photo via Visual hunt
- I want to spend time by the bonfire telling stories with my boys and sharing precious moments with them. They’re growing so fast.
- Exploring new restaurants with my hubby which means more date nights! 😉
- Getting together with my Gal Pals. Because where would we be without our friends?
- Walking by myself. I want to spend more time walking by myself. I’m an INFJ personality type so I crave alone time and walking is a great stress reliever and it’s a great way to work out plotting issues.
- Binge-watching TV series and movies when I’ve got some down time.
I’m sure I’ll fit an amusement park visit in there somewhere with my boys. We seem to go at least once a summer. How about you? What are your plans for the summer? Any new activities you can recommend for me? Leave a comment! I love hearing from you!