Hello everyone. I hope all is well with you. Spring break is upon us. Finally! I’m looking forward to this break because both boys will be with friends so I’m going to have plenty of writing time. I did get some feedback from my beta reader and she loved the first one hundred pages! Yay me! She’s going to finish it up and let me know how she feels about the rest of it soon. 🙂
But enough about that. Today I’m back and I’m talking about being a bad housewife. I must confess I’d rather be writing than cleaning and sometimes my house reflects that. I also have a hard time throwing things away because every little scrap of paper has some sort of memory attached to it. So I must keep it. You know how it is. 🙂
So I’ve put together a list of Bad Housewife Traits that you may or may not identify with. 😉 I’ve posted the list below.
- You may be a bad housewife if you have a secret room where you stash all your clutter before company arrives.
2. You may be a bad housewife if you wait until the very last item of clothing is worn before you do the laundry.
Photo via Visual Hunt
3. You may be a bad housewife if you see a cobweb but leave it because spiders need homes, too.
4. You may be a bad housewife if you don’t take out the garbage until you can smell it.
Photo via Visual Hunt
5. You may be a bad housewife if when sweeping the floor you literally sweep the dirt under the rug because you just can’t find the dustpan.
6. You may be a bad housewife if you watch “Hoarders” to feel better about your housekeeping skills.
7. You may be a bad housewife if your kids can write their names in the dust that has accumulated on your tabletops.
8. You may be a bad housewife if your floors are sticky from spills that haven’t been wiped up.
9. You may be a bad housewife if ants parade across your counter because it’s a smorgasbord of crumbs and other delectable bites. You just don’t have time to wipe them up.
10. You may be a bad housewife if you haven’t changed the kitty litter in three weeks and it’s so bad, you’re cat won’t even use it.
If you recognize yourself in any of the comments above. You can get help. There are organizations out there that can give you assistance in decluttering your home and get it spic and span clean. You could even audition for “Hoarders.” 🙂
Thanks for stopping by and reading my post today. I hope you got a chuckle out of it. Do you have any Bad Housewife habits you’d like to share? Please do. I’d love to hear from you!