Hello everyone. I hope all is well with you today. I’m back and I’ve been diligently working on my WIP. It’s really shaping up and I’m very excited about how it’s turning out. So stay tuned. Positive things are happening! 😉
Today I’d like to make a confession to you. I’ve finally had to admit it to myself. I am obsessed with writing. When I’m not writing, I’m thinking about it, trying to make my story better or I’m researching for my story. It’s that bad.
Since I’ve become aware of my addiction, because let’s face it, it is. I’ve taken steps to manage it, because we never really cure ourselves do we? But I thought I’d list the signs for you, just in case you might be struggling with this addiction, but you’re not quite sure. Maybe living in the land of denial? I lived there for a while. It was great. 🙂
- You may be addicted to writing if your house looks like a tornado hit it. All. The. Time.
- You may be addicted to writing if your hair hasn’t been styled in months.
- You may be addicted to writing if you barricade yourself in your writing hovel, ignoring your family’s cries for food and clean clothes.
- You may be addicted to writing if you can write your name in the dust that’s gathered on your living room furniture and shelves.
Photo via VisualHunt
- You may be addicted to writing if you take your laptop with you on your child’s playdates.
- You may be addicted to writing if you take your laptop into the bathroom with you because you’re in the middle of a really good scene.
- You may be addicted to writing if you’re deathly pale in the summer because you’d rather write than spend time in the sun.
- You may be addicted to writing if you give up food, alcohol, and showering because it takes too much time away from your work.
Photo via VisualHunt.com
- You may be addicted to writing, if you’d rather do that than go out and get a better paying job.
Photo via Visualhunt.com
- You may be addicted to writing if your family doesn’t remember what you look like because your face is always behind a computer screen.
These are all signs that you are addicted to your passion. There are steps to remedy the situation, but the first step is admitting you have an addiction. This step is always the hardest. Just ask me, I know. 🙂
Thanks for stopping by and reading my post today. Do you have a writing addiction? How has it affected your life? Leave a comment, I’d love to hear from you!