Happy New Year everyone! I hope you had a joyous and happy holiday season. I’m looking forward to 2017, I’ve got some lofty goals that I hope come to fruition. So cross your fingers for me!
This new year I’m participating in a Self-Compassion Group and I’m excited about it because I feel it will remind me to take better care of myself. Each member posts one thing that they did that day to take care of themselves. It’s not my idea, it’s a friend of mine’s but it’s an awesome one and I’m grateful that she’s sharing this adventure with me.
I think a lot of people get wrapped up in their tasks for their kids, spouse, and job, they put themselves last. I know I do it and that’s when I get burned out. So I’ve joined this group to remind myself to do a self-care task every day. It doesn’t have to be big. It could be something as simple as meditating or reading a book.
I feel if I do this. I’ll actually be more productive and my relationships will be better. I thought I’d share some of my self-care tasks with all of you and maybe it will motivate you to take better care of yourselves, too. I thought the first day of 2017 would be a great time to start this.
The Meme Above explains the Philosophy behind the Self Compassion Group.
- I’m going to read more in 2017 and write more. Writing and reading are great stress relievers for me. 🙂
- More bubble baths. There’s nothing more soothing than a bubble bath with candles and soft music.
- More exercise. More running. This is a big one. I’ve been working hard on getting my sciatica under control and I’ve seen a big improvement. So I’m going to increase my activity and get back into shape.
- More walks in nature. It’s so soothing and calms my anxiety.
- I’m going to eat more fruit and vegetables. I need to stop eating so much sugar. I feel this will help me manage my weight and who knows, maybe I’ll even lose a pound or two. 😉
- I’m going to paint with a group of friends once a month just for fun. I find connecting with them over a fun activity is healing for me.
So there you have it. Some of the self-compassion tasks I’ll be practicing at least once a day. I’m sure I’ll come up with more ideas from the other members as we share them. How about you? Do you have any ideas? I’d love to read them. Leave a comment! I’d love to hear from you!