Hello Everyone! I hope all is well with you! Today I have Children’s Author David Chuka as my guest! I’m excited he’s here sharing a little of himself and his books with us! Take it away David!
1) What inspired you to write your series? The Fartastic Adventures of Billy and Monster was never originally intended as a series. However, after the positive feedback I got from readers after I published the first book and the realization that there was a lot of mileage with Billy and Monster, it was only a matter of time before more stories were birthed. The story in the first book is about a little boy who is an only child and creates this imaginary character called Monster who those everything with him. Billy loves Monster and Monster loves Billy. There’s only one thing that threatens their friendship. Monster farts a lot and everyone blames Billy for it. You’ll have to read these funny books for kids to discover how lessons on moderation, honesty, self-control etc. are weaved into Billy and Monster tale.
2) What do you love most about being a writer? I love the fact that I can create these unique characters in unique situations and invite readers to share in a story that I find fascinating.
3) Who is your favorite author? Wow! That’s a loaded question Lisa J I like reading books from different genres and at the moment, I’m reading a lot of mystery books. My favorite author at this point would have to be Tim Ellis.
4) Describe an average day in the life of David Chuka. Get my children ready for school in the morning, drop them off, catch a train to work, either read or write while on the train, do the same on my way back home in the evening, chill with my wife and kids in the evening or attend events.
5) If you could offer any advice to other writers, what would it be? I think Stephen King said it best when he said ‘Read a Lot and Write a Lot.’
6) Do you illustrate your books as well? I wish I could but I engage the services of my illustrator to bring to life the images I see as I write.
7) If you could invite one famous author to dinner, who would it be and why? I think at this moment it would be Sir Arthur Conan Doyle who created the Sherlock Holmes series. I would ask him what was the inspiration behind Sherlock and how he managed to give a distinct voice to the characters in his books.
8) If you could travel through time, where would you go and why? Hmmmm….I think I would love to see the battle between the Israelites and the Philistines where David used a smooth stone to conquer the Goliath.
9) What’s next for David Chuka? I’m currently working with my illustrator on the fifth book in the Billy and Monster series. It’s titled ‘Billy and Monster Meet the President.’ It is going to be a July 4th special edition and should be ready mid-June.
10) Where can we find you on social media? It’s been an absolute pleasure being with you today Lisa and your readers can connect with me at one of the links below:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Author.David.Chuka
Twitter – https://twitter.com/DavidChuka
Goodreads – https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6872534.David_Chuka
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKbSJqQe5FQaJHvj-n5R4Gw
Pinterest – http://www.pinterest.com/boldtrends/
Amazon Author Page – http://www.amazon.com/David-Chuka/e/B00AV6UT9U
You can get a copy of the books in the Billy and Monster series by clicking one of the links below
Billy and the Monster who Loved to Fart
Billy and Monster: The Superhero with Fart Powers
Billy and the Monster who Ate All the Easter Eggs
6 thoughts on “Please Welcome David Chuka!”
Hey, David and Lisa, great interview! Love your borrowed, yet sage advice: Read a lot, write a lot, David. I’ve gotta get my butt in gear for both those things! LOL! Best wishes for bestsellers!
Thanks for stopping by Sharon! 🙂
Thanks for having me on your blog today Lisa. I enjoyed your questions and look forward to connecting with your blog readers.
Your kind words are much appreciated Sharon 🙂
You’re welcome David! I enjoyed working with you!
Monsters and farting! What else could a young boy ask for in a book!! Just don’t make me read it out loud!! LOL!
I know what you mean Rabia! My boys would absolutely love these books! I’m sure the sound effects would have them giggling! Thanks for stopping by! 🙂